About Sassafras Tech Collective
Sassafras Tech Collective is a tech consulting worker cooperative based in Ann Arbor, MI. We are a worker-owned small business. Our small team researches, designs, and develops technology projects that focus on social change and social justice.
About This Position
Sassafras Tech Collective is looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails developer.
We are ideally looking for someone who:
- has extensive experience with Ruby on Rails
- has worked with complex backend architectures
- has a solid understanding of object-oriented design
- can write clean, maintainable, and readable code
- is familiar with test driven development using rspec
- comfortable working with a distributed team using Slack and Zoom
- proficient in oral and written communication skills
- interested in working with a cooperative, democratic workplace
- comfortable working both independently and in teams
- excited to work on socially conscious and social justice projects
More About This Position
This is a part-time contract position with an expected workload of 15-20 billable hours per week.
Pay for this position is negotiable based on experience.
The position will begin in early August and extend through early September, with the possibility of an extension.
This position is a remote opportunity.
We are interested in working with people traditionally underrepresented in the tech industry, including women and LGBTQ folks. We especially encourage applications from people of color of all genders.
Apply for This Position
Please send a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Rails Developer." Please let us know in your cover letter how you heard about this opening. We look forward to hearing from you!